Monday, November 14, 2005

No Excuses!


Have you ever stopped to listen to people who always seem to have bad luck, or people who are going no where fast? Some people always seem to be stuck in a rut! Why do you think that is? Its simple, the language you use both externally and internally directly determines how you deal with a situation and how it will affect you.

Over the years we have trained our subconsious to speak the language that it does. Poor training results in poor inner language which translates into poor results in the outside world. Let me give you an example.
I know a girl who had the worst luck. It seemed she could never do anything right. She was taking driving lessons to get her drivers licence, and everytime she would get back from a lesson she would break down in tears and say- "I will never learn to drive, Im horrible." She took her exam, and failed because she thought she had parked badly and then started crying and saying -"I failed I knew It", and then she speed around the course and really did fail. The point of the story is she was actually a pretty good driver, I have seen much worse pass with flying colors, but the language she used affected her outcome.

We saw her as unlucky, only because she eventually convinced us over the years by using self defeating language. We always heard her say-"I have such bad luck", "It always happens to me"- that we actually began to believe it, and unkowingly re-enforce it. Now, she has changed her language, not just to us, but her internal dialogue is positive and empowering. I taught her to use a simple technique, one that anyone can use. First it involves Self Awareness, you have to listen to yourself and focus on how you think in different situations. Then, everytime your inner lingo says- I cant do that! or Thats to hard? or I dont have the time? or Im just not that lucky?or Its no use? all you have to do is pinch yourself in the arm really hard so it hurts! and immediately turn the phrase around-I can do that if I try! or its easier than I think! or I can find the time! or I can be lucky! or I will do it! or I can do anything!
Try it! The next time you hear the little voices saying "Im just not good enough" pinch yourself, raise your head high and change your thought " I am good enough" . This is not positive thinking its positive training, Its preparing your mind to look for solutions and not quit in the face of challange.


"He that is good for making excuses, is seldom good for anything else"
Benjamin Franklin

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we can all learn a lot from this gentleman's positive attitude. It's essential for success!

4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web site hit counter